Thank you for using Appshelter. Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The information that’s shared with us helps us to provide a great experience with Appshelter.
Applicability to Payments
information we collect
There are three general categories of information we collect.
Information You Give to Us.
Information that is necessary for the use of the Appshelter Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Appshelter Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an Appshelter Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of the Appshelter Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the Appshelter Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Appshelter Payments).
- Communications with Appshelter and other Members. When you communicate with Appshelter or use the Appshelter Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
Information you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Appshelter Platform. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Appshelter profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and a personal description). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Contact Information. You may choose to enter your contact's information manually to access certain features of the Appshelter Platform, like inviting them to use Appshelter.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your Appshelter Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team, share your experience with us (such as through Host Stories), or use other features of the Appshelter Platform.
Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services.
The Payments Data Controller needs to collect the following information necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
- Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
- Identity Verification and Other Information. If you are a Host, the Payments Data Controller may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license) or other authentication information, your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity, provide the Payment Services to you, and to comply with applicable law.
Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Appshelter Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the Appshelter Platform and the Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Appshelter Platform and Payment Services.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Appshelter Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. Appshelter may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Appshelter Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Appshelter Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Appshelter Platform, even if you have not created an Appshelter Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Appshelter Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Appshelter Platform.
Information We Collect from Third Parties.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your Appshelter Account with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Referrals. If you are invited to Appshelter, the person who invited you may submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
how we use information we collect
We may use, store, and process personal information to (1) provide, understand, improve, and develop the Appshelter Platform, (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (such as to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with Appshelter Policies) and (3) provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
Provide, Improve, and Develop the Appshelter Platform. We may use the personal information to provide, improve, and develop the Appshelter Platform such as to:
- enable you to access and use the Appshelter Platform,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Appshelter Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Appshelter Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Listing suggestions, ranking search results), and
- enable your use of our products.
You have choices on the promotional messages that you choose to receive.
- You can limit the information you provide to Appshelter. Participation in promotions and marketing programs is voluntary.
- You can limit the communications that Appshelter sends to you.
- To opt-out of marketing emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or access the notification settings in your Appshelter Account.
- To revoke permissions that you may have given to send promotional text messages, text STOP in response to any message.
- You can always update your notification settings within your Appshelter Account by visiting the Notifications section of your Appshelter Account. Please note that even if you opt-out of marketing communications, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account.
Sharing & disclosure
Profiles, Listings, and other Public Information.
The Appshelter Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
- Listing pages are publicly visible and include information such as the Rental house approximate location (neighborhood and city) or precise location, Listing description, your public profile photo, and any additional information you choose to share.
- After completing a booking, tenants may rate each other.
Tenants and owners responsiblities.
The Appshelter Platform lets you find book and List rentals.
- Maintaining a good relationship with your tenant is crucial. Landlord and tenants will be responsible themselves for their duties and their responsiblities.
- You both need to take responsibility for the role you played in the conflict.
- Appshelter will not be responsible for your bad tenant landlord relationships and conflicts.